Well, things aren’t going too well, but here’s a nice game against lower-league opposition for Rangers to get their eye in and score a few goals, right? Well, Queen of the South are currently in some pretty ridiculous form and are probably going to make a go of it at Ibrox. If they actually come out to play that could suit us, of course, but Stephen Dobbie is on some streak.
Rangers will be looking to prove that they’re better off without Joey Barton, as it appeared in the last game. With the game against Aberdeen not until Sunday, expect a pretty strong lineup with the odd bit of rotation. Pretty much everybody is fit, and we might get to see the likes of Joe Dodoo or Matt Crooks at some point, while Niko Kranjcar could start as he continues his bid to be an important player for the side.
In other words - it might be against a diddy team, but this is an important game, not only in the pursuit of silverware but also for finding out how we can progress from here in other competitions.
7:45pm BST, 2:45pm ET
Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow
There should be plenty of room for this one, and accordingly, you can pay at the gate, so get yourself along if you can.
Rangers 2/7, Draw 19/4, Queens 9/1
Rangers to win and both teams to score 2/1
BT Sport 1 (U.K.)
Rangers TV (Outside UK and Ireland)
More From Got The Battle Fever On
- Greg Docherty’s Rangers move nearing completion
- Greg Docherty left out of Hamilton squad as Rangers look to finalise transfer
- Emerson Hyndman to move back to Rangers on loan - does it make sense?
- Boydy and Scotland outraged as Rangers become first club in history to bid less than asking price
- Why Rangers shouldn’t pay £1m for Jordan Jones
- Rangers to seal FOUR new signings this week?